I support the manifesto for good governance. To know more, read this.
The organisations and individuals who commit to support “Good Governance for the YFJ” do so with the firm belief that a Board which effectively governs the European Youth Forum through strong and clear vision, integrity and focus can lead the YFJ to achieve its fullest potential. They also believe the individuals and team that make up the Board should aim to continuously learn and develop during their mandates, thus contributing to greater Board effectiveness.
Commitments for Good Governance
The member organisations and candidates for the Board of the YFJ who sign up to the Commitments for Good Governance do so with the intention to do their utmost to support and uphold them.
The Board will focus on delivering impact that best meets the needs of YFJ Member Organisations.
All members of the YFJ Board will:
- Have basic knowledge of all member organisations.
- Be proactive in developing and maintaining close relationships with their group of contact MOs.
The Board and its members will behave with integrity.
The Board will develop internal policies that ensure the Board will:
- act according to high ethical standards
- identify, understand and manage conflicts of interest
- maintain independence when taking decisions
The Board will embody the youth work value of education by being a learning organisation.
- The Board will strive to constantly develop themselves as a team, specifically in the areas of governance and leadership
- The Board and the Secretariat will ensure a transition of high quality, e.g. by offering training to the incoming board members
- The Board will review its output and team performance and set goals for improvement which are systematically reviewed and updated
- The Board will share the progress about its internal development and learning with MOs
The Board will show unity and speak with one voice.
- The Board will have lively debate and exchanges different opinions, but will act as a team with a clear and common direction outside of board meetings
- All Board members will act as a team defend common decisions taken by the Board
- The Board shares the rationale behind board decisions
The Board will provide good governance and leadership.
- The Board and the Secretary General will clearly define their roles and responsibilities by taking into consideration the division of strategic and operational decisions and actions
- The Board and the Secretary General will agree upon the way of cooperation regarding their respective responsibilities
- The Board will monitor and regularly evaluate the division of work and decision making